Monday, July 30, 2012

Fashion Review Part 2 of 2

Okay these gowns are not necessarily the best but for me these are the gowns that truly caught my fancy because they are unique. I am a big sucker for fabrics and anything that looks new to my eyes always keep me interested. But not all of them of course leave me positively elated. While many gowns disappointed me, here's my five fave:


1.) Miss Aruba Lucianette Verhoeks, design by Claudia Sabogal. It is pretty simple, yet fresh and appealing to the eyes. The patterns on the fabric really caught my fancy. The 3/4 sleeve leaves the whole impression of being casual but the patterns along the neckline makes it upscale.


2.) Miss Cote d'Ivoire Hadjau Helene-Valerie Djouka, design by Eloi Sessou. I like the generous use of orange in this gown which amazingly blends well with her skin tone. The fabric used which is loincloth is very much African. I love how the designer pushed the traditional into the world stage.


3.) Miss India Vanya Mishra, design by Malini Ramani. This is a clean, simple design wherein its main power is on the very traditional patterns embroidered all over. The huge slit to her right added a sexy twist.


4.) Miss South Africa Remona Moodley, design by JJ Schoeman. This may not look appealing to the many but in case you missed it, this gown has a very low back. So one has to wait for her to turn around to get the whole picture. This very metallic feel with rainbow colors forming against the light is unique on its own. Then there's the cape as a punch line.


5.) Miss Ukraine Karyna Zhyronkina, design by Kateryna Shakhovskaya. This is a sexy bodice complemented by turquoise-on-black design by the skirt. Love the beadings on the bodice which is splashed with crystals and feathers. The cut allows the sexy body of Karyna to show off.



source:missosology

No comments:

Post a Comment