Friday, July 20, 2012

She's electric! Jordin Sparks displays her dramatic 50Ib weight loss as she poses in a blue bikini on the cover of Shape magazine

By Kimberley Dadds


She's publicly had an ongoing battle with her weight since rising to fame and becoming victor of American Idol in 2007.

But now Jordin Sparks has decided to completely overhaul her image and do something about her health.

And the singer/actress is so pleased with her new look after dropping an astonishing 50Ibs, she's shown off her new slimline figure on the cover of Shape magazine.

New look! Jordin Sparks shows off her new slimline figure on the cover of Shape magazine in a bikini after dropping 50lbs

Jordin, 22, displayed her toned figure in an electric blue bikini as she became this month's cover girl.

Obviously confident in her new skin, she smiled widely as her petite frame is shown for all to see.

And she's spoken out about overcoming her weight battle inside the issue.

She said: 'I knew I had a long road ahead of me. I was barely working out, and my diet was a mess. I had to address when, what, and how much I was eating.'

In heavier times: The American Idol winner has previously battled with her weight issues since rising to fame on the talent contest in 2007

Sparks revealed that she decided to change her eating and exercise pattern when she realised she should be making the most of herself now that she's at her prime in her twenties.

She added; 'I just wanted to be healthy. I remember thinking, ‘I’m in my prime. I should be happy and fit.’ That was the moment I decided that changes needed to be made

Jordin has previously modelled from plus-size clothing and has spoken of her larger frame in the past: 'I love food and I love my curves,' she said at the time. 'I'm very strong-willed and I'm stubborn in that sense to where I'm just like 'No, I won't be that way".

Body proud: Last year Jordin posted this photo on Twitter after she'd lost around 30 lbs

'The stick-thin thing, I'm kind of just like, "Not gonna do it" and "I couldn't."'

But she seems overwhelmed by the weight that she has dropped, telling Shape magazine: 'The weight really started falling off, and I could see my muscles. It was awesome.'



source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment